At Rice Village Animal Hospital, we want to provide your pet with the best care possible while also making sure you feel equipped and confident in caring for your furry pal. A lot can happen during a veterinary visit, and we understand that sometimes, questions can slip the mind or concerns are temporarily forgotten. To ensure you get the most of your visits to our hospital, here are some tips:
Write it down
We’ll have a lot to discuss during your pet’s visit, and there’s nothing worse than drawing a blank when you know there was an important question you wanted to ask or not being able to recall your pet’s specific food brand. Come prepared by writing down the following:
- Lists of your pet’s medications, preventive products, and supplements
- Information about your pet’s food and treats, including brand names, types, amount, and frequency
- Notes about your pet’s changes in behavior
- A list of questions about your pet’s health (common topics include weight and nutrition, behavior changes, training, parasite prevention, dental care, vaccinations, disease progression, and pet insurance)
Understand and absorb
Don’t rely on your memory. To help you remember the information conveyed during the veterinary visit:
- Use your smartphone to record exam room conversations
- Take notes during the appointment
- Ask our team for additional resources, including educational handouts, trusted online articles and websites, and more
Communicate after the appointment
Many pet owners think of additional questions after leaving the veterinary hospital. Never hesitate to call us with your questions or concerns, whether your pet’s appointment was today or two weeks ago. Your pet’s health is our top priority, and we want to partner with you to provide him with a long, healthy life.
We never want you to leave the hospital with unasked or unanswered questions. Contact us today if there’s something you’d like to discuss about your furry companion.