We are excited to meet you and your human and animal family members!
- You and your pet will be greeted warmly, directed to the cat lobby or dog lobby, and checked in by one of our client care specialists. Be sure to help yourself to our beverage station in the lobby!
- A veterinary technician will usher you into an examination room after you have checked in. They will start by asking about your pet’s medical history, current condition, and the reason for your visit.
- The veterinarian will examine your pet, ask you further questions, and then may recommend diagnostic tests if needed. Once the tests have been run, which can usually be done in the practice, your doctor will discuss a possible diagnosis and treatment plan if warranted. This is a great time to ask questions. Our veterinary team wants to make sure you’re completely comfortable with the information we’re providing.
- A veterinary technician will likely come back to wrap things up and will provide you with helpful pet care information and answer your wellness and care questions for you and go over your home care instructions.
- Our client care specialist will process your payment and schedule any needed follow up.
- After your visit, our veterinary technician will call you the next day to check on you and your pet. If you get home and think of a question or forgot to ask about anything, please do not hesitate to call or email us. We will be happy to get you answers to all your questions.
Do you have a pet that is not so happy about coming to the vet?
Many patients love to come in to see us them and some…well, they just don’t. Our entire staff is committed to ensuring that your pet’s visit is as pleasant and as stress-free as possible. If you have any concerns or anxieties about your pet’s visit or even about just getting them into the car, we can help. Just call or email us so we can make your appointment less stressful for you and your pet!
Please Note: Your time is valued, and our goal is to see all our clients and patients on time, and although we have contingencies for emergencies, there will be times where the unexpected will create delays. We will ensure these are minimized as much as possible.
Expect our full attention to your pets’ needs.
We’ve been serving Houston since 1976.
The team at Rice Village Animal Hospital has been your preferred Houston veterinary hospital for a long time, and we know how important your pet is to your family. Please contact us with anything you may need, big or small.
How can we help you?
Sat: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sun: 5 pm - 6 pm Boarding Check-in and Pick-ups
Doctor's Hours by Appointment, Walk-ins, and Drop-Off Services Welcome
We're here to help!